Friday, September 9, 2016

Manilla

Mom!
Yes, we have made it to the Philippines! It is crazy hot and humid here! You know how hot it gets when you are steaming a pot of vegetables on the stove and suddenly take the lid off the pot? That's how hot it is here, all the time! And they said it's cool here now!
I am exhausted. That's crazy to think that its 3:30 there, because here the sun is still shining, between the sudden downpours of rain. It looks like someone has turned on a really big shower, and is just spraying everything. 
We just had a devotional with the MTC President here. I was shocked to hear him say a lot of the same words of comfort that you did, and I know now that everything will be alright again. 
That's awesome to hear about the JV team, great for Tyson! 
I was going to try to hand out my Book of Mormon on the way here, but I was too sick to think strait most the time... I did hand out a pass along card though.
As we drove through Manila on our way to the MTC, we all took some crazy pictures. I can't send them now, but I will make sure to do that soon, it shocked me the poverty in some places. The number of people here is crazy! I couldn't teach all the people I've seen just today in all the two years I have. 
Thank you for your love and support. I can feel your prayers always. I'm going to try and see examples of how God has touched and influenced my life each week, and base my emails home on those stories. I'm going to try and start doing that next time though, because I can hardly see the words I'm typing on the screen. 
Thanks again for your love and advice,
Mahal kita,
Elder Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment