Thursday, September 1, 2016

MTC week 5 -The worth of one soul

Do I NEED anything? No, not really, but food is always appreciated 😉
I ran into Elder White his first day here, and was able to help him to the front desk. He needed help with something, so we talked for a second on the way there. 
Yes, I am very nervous to go to the Philippines, and I need all the extra prayers I can get to help me make it through this week!
There are 10 Elders in my district right now, but if you are asking about the Philippines I have no idea. 

My district leader says that I have two packages waiting for me to pick them up, thank you for getting those put together so fast! That's amazing, I love getting things from you. The new President of the Tagalog MTC branch (we've had 3!) says there is usually not toilet paper in the bathrooms, so we have to carry our own... Thank you for the probiotics, after listening to Elder Iabeta tell us stories from Kiribati, I was a little worried about the food. He has something called "Toilet Fish" that; in the words of Jeremiah 4:19," My bowels, my bowels!" That has become the joke of the district, especially after Taco Bell catered the MTC. 😬😂

I am also excited for my opportunities to serve. It's hard to get excited to get up in the morning here, because everything feels very staged and repetitive. I'm excited to be able to meet real people that I can care for and love. It's not going to be easy, but it will be worth it. 

This week's devotional speaker was Elder Richard J. Maynes, of the Presidency of the 70. He gave a great talk about the worth of one soul. One young man he baptized on his mission, served a mission and had a family. It turned out, that this young man and his posterity, ended up baptizing over 400 people, and more than that in baptisms for the dead. That's a great example of how missionary work blesses lives. I'm excited to begin my own personal journey down this path. 

My President told me that; yes I will go to the temple in Manila, and yes I can call you in the airport. When would you rather, sometime in the 3:00 PM - 7:35 PM in the Salt Lake airport, or the time in Las Vegas airport?

Thank you all for your prayers, I feel the blessings every day!
Mahal kita, 
Elder Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment