Sunday, August 28, 2016

MTC week 4 - He knows each of us.


Mom!
To answer your questions;
I leave September 7th, if everything works out like it should. There is an Elder here who's passport got lost, so he's been here for almost 8 weeks now...
I have heard I can call you from the airport, and yes I would need a minute card. I'm sure me and my district will figure it out when the time comes.
No, I stayed with the same kasama (companion, literally = one who goes with) 
No, me and Elder Copeland are the only ones in our district going to Olongapo, but everyone else is still in Luzon, the main island of the Philippines. 
I just got a hair cut today, it's free for missionaries at the MTC
Yes, I will spend 5 day's in the Manila MTC, mostly for Visa purposes. Hopefully though, we can go to the Manila Temple while we are there. 

That's awesome to hear about Football, that all seems so far away now! It's good that they both are working out, fitness is important throughout life.  Weird to think that life is going on without me. 
My teachers told me that the word of wisdom is a really big deal in the Philippines, people will smoke and drink for social aspects, medical, and they start at a really young age. It will be a big deal for most people, but I know the blessings of Heaven are upon those who can break that habit.
Time Management is a chapter in the Preach My Gospel for a reason, I have a hard time fitting in all the studying that I have to do. That's more impressive to me, when people can realize that even the good things they are doing could be replaced with better things. "Good, Better, Best; Never let it rest, till your good is your better, and your better is your best." What a great goal! Maybe you should have a Family Home Evening and everyone could discuss things they wanted to improve, so you all could help strengthen each other in those goals. 

This week I have learned that God knows each and every single one of us. He is omnipotent and all powerful, with the love of a Father to his children. His hand IS in our lives EVERY day. We can see and know that, if we will just look for it. We had a great devotional this week from one of the 70. He shared the Investigator's point of view on Missionaries. He said; "SEE that ye serve with ALL of your heart ( your desires), ALL of your might ( your talents and skills), ALL of your mind ( your imagination and intelligence), and ALL of your strength (your physical abilities). As you do this, Investigators will see your passion for this gospel, and want to know more." Our teachers have said that we could get baptisms in the Philippines simply because we are white. They love white people, and seek their attention, and will agree to be baptized just because we asked. But it is more important for them to gain a testimony, and know why they are being baptized. Many people will be baptized, and then stop going to church. They don't full

y understand the plan. We, as members of the Church, who all know and understand the plan, should always strive to attend church, and constantly set our goal on the Temple. As we go to the temple, we show that we are worthy to be saints of Jesus Christ, and also can gain a better understanding of the Lord's will for us. The temple should always be our end goal, and we should attend regularly. 

I love you all, and miss you. I hope you will keep writing me!
Mahal kita,
Elder Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment