Sunday, January 15, 2017

December 11

Our week was good, with no change at the Transfer. Hopefully me and Elder Jumagdao can get a long a little better, my first companionship with a Tagalog speaker has been a little rough... But I think we have worked out some of our differences, and hopefully we can move forwards and focus on the work here.

Our P-days typically consist of just shopping and email, we have to go out of our area to find a real grocery store. I wanted to go to a small zoo they have in San Juan, but everyone else said it wasn't really that cool, and was expensive... Maybe I can convince them to go on a hike this next week, there is a massive tree on a hill between San Juan and Taugtog that I've wanted to visit ever since I've gotten here.

The package I got last week was the one with the Santa Hat and pajamas in it, and then I got an other one with the cans of soup in it. Thank you so much for them! It makes me so happy to get a package! I will probably never wear the pajama pants because it's so hot, but I love them anyways! Christmas!!

The garments are doing okay, I ordered some new tops that got here two weeks ago, just to try a different style. I found that I really do like the round neck ones... 

Our investigators... are few. The family Baptism that we were supposed to have this last week fell through, the Brother relapsed into a drinking addiction. But he has really repented, and hopefully he and his wife will be worthy enough to be baptized on the 30th, and confirmed on the 31st, and start a new year, and a new life! We also have a teen-age boy getting ready to be baptized, hopefully he will continue to be consistent, and be baptized this weekend. 

Elder Sudweeks is still here, and so is Elder Palacio. Because Elder Palacio is just waiting on his visa, they can't leave him in an area to lead it, because he might leave any week and then the new Elder wouldn't know the area yet. So Elder Sudweeks will have to stay at least one transfer longer than Elder Palacio is here. The same way, I will have to stay in San Juan for at least one more transfer after Elder Jumagdao leaves, in order to show my new companion the area. 

I always love hearing from home, and what everyone is up to. Thank you for sharing that experience with me, the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation is vital to our happiness in this life. We attended a funeral service here just last night, for the sister of Nanay Kastro in Taugtog. It was an interesting experience, the non-member side of the family smoking, gambling, and morning, while the LDS side singing and smiling. 

This week, we got to watch the Christmas Devotional from the First Presidency. What a powerful experience. President Eyerings talk on peace was huge for me. I've been having a really hard time finding motivation to work this week. It's hard, when I have a Filipino companion, they only talk to him, expect him to translate what I say, even if I said it right, and just laugh at me because I'm white. It's hard to want to go out and do that every day... But I know that the reason I'm here, is because Jesus and Heavenly Father love me, and because I love them, I'm willing to follow their commandments. One of their commandments is to go out and share the gospel, so that all of their other children that they love can keep their commandments and return to live with them. Because of that, I'm willing to endure the hardships of the mission, and try and do my best.

A story from this week... actually this week has been pretty boring. It's hard to remember what has happened, the day all seem the same. I will try and get a really good story to tell next week though!

For Christmas, we will Skype on the 26th here, anytime from 10-5 I think... Christmas day there, evening. They are being really vague about it, I'll try and figure out more.

Thank you again, love you so much! Miss you!

Elder Kobe Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment