Sunday, January 15, 2017

January 1 2017

New Years here, they make as much noise a possible up till Midnight, then everyone eats at 2. As missionaries, we had a curfew at dark. So we sat out on the front porch and watched. People took the mufflers off their already trashy motorcycles and drove around, dragged pieces of metal, and blared their speakers. Anything to be loud. Then, at Midnight, some cheap fireworks, (technically illegal here), and one more round of noise. Then everyone brought us food, because we couldn't leave the house.

Our investigator family did great! They, and the young man were baptized on the 28th, I'll try and send the pictures! ( The internet is terrible today) 

The best thing that happened this week... Probably our branch Christmas Party! It was so fun to see everyone get together and just have fun. Sometimes i get really stressed out, and it was nice to relax a little bit. 

Thank you for always worrying about me. I know that I'm where I should be, but I still am just having a hard time "enjoying the work", and being motivated. Thank you for the advice and encouragement! That always does help me. I talked to Elder Sudweeks (my District Leader), and President Dahle in our transfer interview. Elder Sudweeks told me just to wait untill Elder Jumagdao leaves, that our chemistry doesn't work very well right now. President Dahle told me that sometimes we need to accept some of our other feelings, and use them to help us reflect on what we can change and do better. An interesting combination of advice... but I'm trying to do the best I can. 

I will pray for you! Fun stuff, jobs. Not looking forward to big decisions like that when I get back... Because I'm going on 6 months now! Wohoo! Crazy!

I'm also glad that you can be doing missionary work at home too! Sometimes I feel guilty that I never did much missionary work at home, and now ask for help from the members here... but it's such a different culture here. Missionaries are very close to the branch.

Thank you, I love you too! Miss everyone! 

Elder Kobe Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment