Tuesday, September 5, 2017

District Leader



Hi Mom!

We had an emergency transfer my new companion is Elder Peguit. 

Elder Peguit is 20, Filipino, from a place called Mendinaw. It's a little scary down there right now, because of some ISIS and terrorist activity, but Elder Peguit chose to leave his family and serve a mission. He says his family is actually pretty far from the war, and he doesn't seem to worried about it. He is very obedient, and very good at teaching the Lessons. He's just a little quiet, and so am I, so it's a little awkward at times... But hopefully we can work it out a little better this week! He is very new to the mission, and this was just his 4th week here. 

After the transfers, I was called to be;
1. Elder Peguit's Follow-Up Trainer
2. District Leader of the Balanga District (10 missionaires)
3. Still on "Special Assignment" here in Bagac Branch
4. Lead the Area after only 2 1/2 weeks here...

So it's been a little bit of a stressful week... But we did have our baptism! The Narbuco family, three young women who are super awesome! In that picture, is their Mom, Grandma, and little brothers. They have yet to be baptised, because the Mom is not yet married (to her 3rd husband...), Grandma is a die-hard Catholic, and the boys are under-age. But they are really happy, and I'm really happy for them! 

I'll be sure to let her know, haha! She is a sweet heart, and even though I've only been here for a month she has been so good to us. 

Do I need anything? No, not really. But getting packages or letters always makes me super happy! 

That sounds like a great talk. I was reading the Teachings of President Ezra Taft Benson a while back and he has a whole chapter about building families and the responsibilities of Fathers. Most of those I think I wrote down, but I will add the other ones! I am missing my Dad a lot today too, and my Grandpas also... 

I've heard that it was a busy week! I miss that though, all the different things to go to and different things to do... Here, I feel like I just do the same thing for ever day...Congrats to Sydni for making All Star! That's awesome!

Good luck with your inspection this week, that sounds stressful...

Love you so much! Miss everyone! 

Elder Kobe Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment