Tuesday, September 5, 2017

July

Mom,

Sounds like a busy week! I'm glad that everything went well with work. 

I hope that Heidi will be okay, and will keep praying for her! I'm glad that the baby is okay, she is very beautiful in the picture!

I'm glad that Logan's toe isn't serious. It doesn't look pretty, haha. Hopefully it heals fast and he can get back to his sports!

I miss the 24th of July Parade! I hope you will take a lot of pictures for me! 

I love Grandpa too! I hope that he is doing alright, and that He, Dad, and Uncle Robby can get everything figured out that they need too... Please send him my love again!

My week was good! We got to meet President Lacanienta again, a member had a birthday party for our Youth Activity, and it has started raining a lot!

I never seem to have any big great miracles to share... A littly tiny one that I noticed this week was just the other day. We were coming home from a really far area, when some random guy stopped us on the way. He was biking too, so we stopped on the side of the road to talk. He said that his Neighbor wanted to get to know us. He said that his neighbor's daughter had just recieved a wheelchair from the church, and wanted to know more about who we are. It was just a really random thing, and the people here are usually to shy to stop us in the middle of the street. We found the little girl yesterday. She is only about 6 maybe, and has some kind of disease where she has no control over her legs from the knees down. Her Mom, a single parent, had carried her to a near bye member when we found her. As we introduced our selves, I felt the Spirit testify that this Single Mother had really been prepared to receive the Gospel. I could only think about how much the Church could help her and her little girl. She was very receptive, and we set a return appointment later this week. 

The branch here is about the same, we had 31 people at church yesterday. When we visited the people who we thought were going to come to church there were a whole lot of sickness and excuses... I just hope that what we are doing here is good enough, and that we are doing what the Lord would have us do!

We are teaching a lot of Less Active Part Member families. These are members who have stopped coming to church, and now have members in their family who are not yet baptized. It's a great way to get both the new people to be baptized, and the old members to come back to church. Or it's supposed to be... 
     The Jacob Family here, has been sealed in the Temple. They used to be super active in the church, and everyone thought that Brother Jacob was going to be made Branch President. But, slowly, they became Less Active. They have since been baptised into a different Church, but stopped going to church there too. When we found them, they were very willing to listen, but have been slow to act... The Children of Brother and Sister Jacob, who were Youth when they last went to church, now have Husbands who have never been baptized. We have been trying to teach them, and they promised to come to church yesterday. They didn't show though...

I really don't need you to send me anything, but I would love to get something, haha! But I can't really think of anything I want or need, no.

Yes, the members here do feed us! A lot actually, considering the small number of members... They are very kind, and love the missionaries a lot. 

I love you too Mom! Miss you! Can't believe it's almost been a year! 

Elder Kobe Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment