Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Life in paradise

Mom,

Yeah, Dad sent me some details... I will pray for about Grandpa Potter, but he didn't make it sound very hopeful... How much longer do you think he has? This is way more cancer than I ever wanted to have to deal with in our family...

I heard about the endowments! That's so awesome I wish that I could have been there... Sounds like it was an awesome week.

Life in paradise... Is a little stressful! My companion got Emergency Transferred, so now I have to lead this area that I have only been in for 2 and a half weeks... Woohoo!

This week we just focused a lot about getting the Emergency Transfer taken care of, and were not able to work as much as I wanted... Not that I know any of our investigators here because I'm so new, but we should work anyways... and this week we are having real exchanges, so I will get another new companion on Wednesday... I just hope that I can do everything that I need to do for this area...

Miracles; 
The one investigator that we do have is amazing. His name is Mark, and Elder Breinholt said they didn't think that he was going to progress very well... He was out of town for a long time, and we weren't able to really get a hold of him. But when we did go back to him, we found out that he had been reading from the Book of Mormon while he was gone, and really prayed to know if the church was true. He said that he got a really solid answer that the Book of Mormon is the word of God! Now we just need to work on getting him out to church...

I did get my shoes! Thank you so much, they are awesome! Now I just hope I can find time to use them! Haha.

 A new favorite food, is this one called "benudo" I think... I can't remember... But it's basically chicken sausage, with carrots, garlic, onion, and peppers. And then they wrap it up like a hobo-dinner and steam cook it. I didn't think it was going to be any good, but it was actually really good! You serve it with soy sauce, over rice. Our Nanay, or "Mom" here cooked it for us. She says that she is our Mom here, while we are so far away from home, and calls us her sons, because she wasn't able to get married. 

My last Interview with President Dahle, was good. We mostly just talked about the Emergency Transfer, and what needs to happen in the area... He has put a lot of trust and responsibility in me with the new President coming, and I'm a little stressed. Hopefully I can do everything that needs to happen!

Love you too Mom! Miss you! 

Elder Kobe Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment