Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Transferred to Bagac

Mom,

Yes! I got transferred here to Bagac. Bagac is in Balangga Zone; the only Stake in the mission. That means that instead of Branches, they are Wards; or that the church is a little more organized and set up here. So all the areas in Balangga are wards, and really set up!... except for Bagac. Bagac is maybe the smallest branch in the entire mission, and is known as 'cursed'. President called me, and told my I just have to get the Melchizedek Priesthood back to the branch. So that is what we are doing! I'm not believing in any curses, and we are going to focus on the Priesthood. 

Yesterday we had 36 people come to church. Exactly one water tray of people. 5 Melchizedek Priesthood holders; the Branch President who lives two towns over, the 1st Councillor, the Elder's Quarom President, and the two Missionaries... 

But the people here are awesome so far, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what we can do with this area. I am follow-up training Elder Breinholt, a 3-month Old missionary from American Fork. He also was trained by Elder Sudweeks, the missionary I replaced here. 

It is pretty civilized here, but we also have the biggest area. On the outskirts, it gets really rural. But for the most part, we stay close here in town. There are a lot of Beach Resorts here, and it is probably the cleanest place I've been in here! Super far away from everything else though... Haha, no MacDo. But we do have a 7-11!

I can't believe it was Graduation! How crazy... Carsen looks so old now... 

Wish Haze and Ava a Bappy Birthday for me! Wish I could have been there... and Happy Birthday to Caitlin Pieterson and Tyler Judd for me! I don't have any contacts for them right now...

No package yet, I'm hoping they just waited for transfer day, and will be sending it soon!

This transfer week is only 3 weeks long, to make it a little easier on our new President who is soon to arrive! So I could be leaving really quick, or getting a new companion really fast! Or, I could stay here with E. Breinholt for a long time, because the following transfer will be 9 weeks to catch up...

Love you all! Miss everyone!

Elder Kobe Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment