Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Just another week in Paradise

Mom,

My week was good, just another routine week here in the mission! Nothing super exciting, just another week it Paradise!

This week at church... Well...  Manny Paciao had a boxing match here on Sunday. Here, that is a bigger deal than the Super Bowl back at home. We had about 26 people come to church... I was not happy...

No new animals, but it has started raining pretty hard. That makes biking in the mud super fun! And super dirty...

We will meet them (new mission president) on Thursday, they haven't said or done very much so far. Actually, we don't even know their phone numbers yet...

Elder Peguit is cool. He is from Mindanao, which is the most South of the three main islands in the Philippines. Mindanao is a little scary right now; there is a lot of ISIS and Rebellion fights going on... But Elder Peguit says that it is really far from them, he never heard a bomb or saw a plane or anything before he came on the mission. He is 20, and the 2nd of 4 children. His Dad died of some sickness that he can't really remember a couple of years ago... He is fun, a little quiet and a little childish. He is very good at teaching however, and kind of thinks he knows everything. It's a little annoying, because he is still very new in the mission; this is his 2nd month, and I technically training him. But we get along alright, and we laugh and have fun! 

Sounds like the life! How fun for Logan! I miss scout camps now... Congratulations to Dad and Tyson at their tournament! How awesome! Sounds like the Sydni I know! ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜‚ Pharmacy Tech Certificate... Sounds fancy! I heard about their trip to Hawaii, it was weird to think that they were kind of close to the Philippines! Haha, but that's still a lot of ocean... It sounds like you made the right choice staying at home this time. There will always be next time!

I'm glad Grandpa was able to come home... Terminal... Just let him know that I love him, and will miss him. I hope that I can see him again before he leaves us... But if not I know I can see him again. Tell him it's ok that he hasn't been in contact, I know that he loves me and wants the best for me. That sucks to say over email...

July 12 is really soon! But that's not fun... I will definitely pray for her and Trevor.

Everything is all good here. It's just hard to try and keep working hard when the Branch has such little hope for change... The area is really nice, except that it is so far from everything. For example; because the one little tiny bank here is closed, we have to travel almost an hour and a half to withdraw our support today... 

Thank you for your love, it is one of the only things that keeps me going! I love you to Mom, and will do everything I can here so that I can keep making you proud. Almost half way, right!? I'm pretty sure I can make it through another round of this ☺



Kasama ang lahat ng akin pagmahal,

No comments:

Post a Comment