Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Loose your self in the work

Mom,

I don't think I know any Atkinsons here... There is supposed to be a new set of Couple Missionaires coming in soon though...
Does that mean MaryLynn knows the Dahles? or they both know the missionaries that reported? Haha, sorry, I might be starting to loose my English!

My week was good, just a little monotonous. We have been working hard, and found 7 New Investigators. We don't really spend a lot of time finding, but instead we focus more of our time on finding Less Actives and Re-Activation. This week at church we had 51 people, but that is mostly because the Stake Presidency came down and brought some of their Families... He said that he just wanted us to keep working hard here, and asked the Branch President to try and get the members to do some Home or Visiting Teaching. I cannot stress the importance of Home and Visiting Teaching in the church... There are so many Less Active Members who get offended just because no one came to check on them when they started going less active, and so they stopped coming to church all together. 

Miracles... We finally got one of our Investigators to come to church again! Sister Kaycee Coloma, a single Mother who is living with her Member Family was happy to be taught a little over a month ago. But just last week she was able to come to church. They have been renovating their house, and so they had to stay home to watch and take care of the construction workers there... But yesterday she was able to come, and we were so happy for her!

Cool Stories... Yesterday we had a super fun bicycling trip to one of our farthest areas. On the way there, it was okay; just a really far bike with a mountain at the end... But on the way home, it had rained for probably 3 hours, and was still raining when we started. We were totally soaked with rain, and the mud and dirt that the bikes throw up. That might not sounds like a lot of fun, but it's maybe some of the most excitement we get here, haha!

Thank you for your advice to loose myself in the work! I've been trying too, I'm just not sure how... When we get up and go out to work I don't have any problems. I can go all day and do that, I don't feel tired or get depressed. But when we go home and have to do normal things; like laundry or cook or study, I wish that I could just do all this at home... That I could do it my way, on my time, with my stuff; not have to worry about what my companion wants or what his schedule is. That's when I just get really tired and lazy... So I will try and make sure that I focus this week on service, and making the best use of the time we have at home!

Good luck with your Trip to Colorado! Sounds fun, but a little scary... I'm sure you will be okay, I will pray for you!

Crazy to think about going home... I'm almost at 1 year now! Next week! Woohoo, haha. 

I love you tons Mom, and miss you! I'll keep working hard! 

No comments:

Post a Comment