Tuesday, September 5, 2017

The climb

Mom,

My week was great! Just like all the other's, but I'm trying to have a more positive outlook on the way things are here. I'm trying to do all that I can, there is no point stressing over the things that I can't control. It was really stormy here, President said that it is a legit Typhoon that was hitting just North of our Mission. It was A LOT of rain, and some pretty strong winds. I've heard that some roofs were ripped off by the wind in our area, but I haven't seen any yet. The pictures I sent are of the rain, the floods, and how crazy the ocean was! 

I miss the 24th Parade... Remembering that made me really homesick... Hopefully I'll be able to make it next time!

Shopping for Carsen! It is really close now isn't it! Crazy to think about...

I"m glad that Heidi and the Baby are aright, it's relieving to get them out of the Hospital!

Dad is moving classrooms? Where to?

That's awesome! Ward Missionary and Stake Young Women's Secretary! How exciting, haha! I don't know what that means either... but it sounds busy! Good luck!

This week was... Tough. We had just over 20 people at church. Two of our really progressing Investigators have disappeared; one texted us to not come back, and when we went she was out of town. The other has literally just disappeared, we can't find him to save our lives... We tried finding new people, but we got a whole lot of 'NO's... President Lacanentia says that NO means New Opportunities, so hopefully this week will be better...

One of our good investigators though, is Brother Don Don. He is a Part-Member, his wife was baptised a long time ago. But when she had her kids, she couldn't go to church by herself, and just fell into that routine. They were very happy to let us in, and the teaching has been going really good. The only problem, is that Brother works a lot; 6 to 6 every day but Sunday. And then, on Sunday; he always gets called up by his Dad, or Brothers, and they have to go do chores on the Farm or something... But we are praying!

 Elder Peguit  is really great at teaching, and works hard, and gets a long well with the members. 

The house is really pretty nice here. I think I sent a picture of what my desk looks like. There is Air Conditioning, but it is really expensive... I wouldn't use it right now, because it's Rainy Season not to hot at night, but Elder Peguit likes to turn it on, so we do. 

Not really any new foods, but I have started cooking more. I used to just be lazy and go out to eat or eat something from a can. Now, Elder Peguit and me and started trying to cook real Filipino foods. We cooked Filipino spaghetti, and Adobe. Next we are going to try and cook Siniagong. 

Crazy to think how long it has been... And how much longer it will be! Haha, but I'm glad to know that I can do hard things, and hopefully this downhill slide will seem faster than the climb! 

Love you Mom, miss you! 

Elder Kobe Potter

No comments:

Post a Comment